I don’t mind staying up late. 我不在乎熬夜。 |
You'd better look before you leap. 你最好三思而后行。 |
The students declared against cheating.学生们表示反对作弊。 |
Please sum up What you said just now. 请把你刚才说的总结一下。 |
If you sell the cow you sell her milk too. 杀鸡取卵。 |
Come to the point!有话直说! |
Learning makes a good man better and ill man worse. 好人越学越好,坏人越学越坏。 |
What kind of climate do you have in this country? 这个国家的气候如何? |
He bothered me with a great many questions.他对我提了一大堆问题,真烦! |
我们每个人都是我们记忆的累积。 Each of us is the accumulation of our memories. |
笑是太阳,它从人们脸上赶走冬天。 Langhter is the sun that drives winter from the human face. |
要面面俱到者,面面不到。 Please all and you please none. |
这里谁负责? Who is in charge here? |
人必须相信自已,这是成功的秘诀。 You have to believe in yourself.That's the secret of success. |
汤姆下午读报。 Tom reads newspapers in the afternoon. |
对任何劝告都该三思而后行。 Advice should always be consumed to between two thick slices of doubt. |
我把信塞进邮局前面的邮筒里。 I drop the letter into the mailbox in front of the Post Office. |
学无止境。 There is no end to learning. |
广游者,见识多。 He that travels far knows much. |
predecessor n. 前任 |
shrug n./v. 耸肩 |
fluent a. 说话流利的,(演说等)流畅的 |
interim a. 临时的,暂时的 |
delicate a. 易碎的;易生病的,娇弱的;精巧的;微妙的;美味的 |
torch n. 手电筒,火把 |
nostalgia n. 怀乡病,留恋过去怀旧 |
bubble n. 气泡,泡沫 |